IT''S MAGIC - Students perform their shows tomorrow in different classrooms. If they are wearing a costume, they should bring it to school and not wear it. Tomorrow is a non-uniform day.
1. Vocabulary - p. 38-43 due Friday; Test Friday
2. Math - both groups have a worksheet - "Pipe Dream" - write and solve the problems on notebook paper which was set up in class - Remember to watch lining digits by place value and
to skip lines on the paper between problems.
3. English - finish p. 86 - Unit 1 test tomorrow
Tomorrow is the last day for any scholastic book orders.
1. Vocabulary - p. 38 - 43 - due Friday; Test on Friday
2. Math - all students - weekly review 8
3. Language - weekly review 10
4. Reading - check to see if your child has a yellow
FYI: I was unable to be at school today. Therefore; tomorrow we will have the dress rehearsal for the It's
Monday - It's Magic Dress Rehearsal - Students need to be ready to present their magic show. They do not need to dress for the dress rehearsal. They need to PRACTICE
and bring their magic box and tricks on Monday.
1. Math - Tortillas - hw p. 117-118 - due Monday
weekly review 8 - due Tues.
2. Math - Nachos = p. 120 - due Monday
weekly review 8 - due Tues.
3. It's Magic - see note above - DRESS REHEARSAL ON
4. Language - weekly review 10 - due Tuesday
5. Other = red folder - needs p.s.
1. Spelling - choose 25 words and write them 1X; study for test - there will be 25 words
2. Math - Tortillas = wksheet 8.2 - adding 4 digit numbers
- weekly review 8 - due Tues., 10/30
3. Math - Nachos - finish p. 119 - problems 13 - 20
--------------------- weekly review 8 - due Tues., 10/30
4. Reading - "Destiny's Gift" test tomorrow wksheet & blue folder (needs p.s.) unless turned in today
5. It's Magic - Students doing project one - decorated box/bag due tomorrow; Students doing project two -
3 sentences about magician - see packet for details
6. Language - English test over Unit 1 on Tues., 10/30; weekly review 10 - due Tues., 10/30
Student Council - collecting 50 cents from students to benefit Ronald McDonald house - bring tomorrow
1. Spelling - packet & test - Friday
2. Math - Tortillas = HW p. 111-112
3. Math - Nachos = p. 119 ( problems 1-12 ONLY)
4. Other - It's Magic - Students doing project #1 - bring
a decorated box/bag only - Friday
Students doing project #2 - sentences about magic - check packet for details
Student Council is taking donations of 50cents for the
Ronald McDonald's house. Students can give 50cents and help decide which teacher in grades 4-8 will dress up in a costume. It will be collected on Thursday.
1. Spelling - packet & test on Friday - 25 words
2. Math - Tortillas = wksheet - Rocket Addition
3. Math - Nachos = wksheet - hot air balloon addition
4. English - wb p. 15
5. Other - Magic Project #1 - bring in a DECORATED box/bag on Friday - no tricks or supplies, just the box
- Magic Project #2 - three sentences about your
magician - see the packet for details
Chapel Readers tomorrow - Brooklynn, Saige - try to arrive at school at 6:45-6:50 - go directly to the Chapel
1. Spelling - Review Unit 6 - pgs. 48 - 5x2 due Friday; Test on Friday will have 25 words
2. Math - weekly review 7
3. Language - weekly review 9
4. Other - For project 1 - magic box/bag ONLY due Friday - please do not bring the supplies for your tricks; For
project 2 - sentences about magician due
Monday - Field trip to Gorman Farm - leaving Bethany at 8 A,M. & returning around 12. Students should wear their
character shirts and dress for outdoor weather. It will be cold in the morning, so please have them wear a coat.
They also need a packed lunch and healthy drink.
1. Math - Tortillas = wksheet E 2.5 - due Monday
weekly review 7 - due Tues.
2. Math - Nachos = wksheet R 2.1 - due Monday
3. Social Studies - study for quiz
4. Reading - check to see if your child has a yellow folder - assigned to read the story & log needs P.S.
5. Language - weekly review 9 - due Tues., 10/23
FIELD TRIP - MONDAY - PLEASE SIGN PERMISSION SLIP
1. Vocabulary - pgs. 30-32 should be completed; wksheet & study for test
1. Vocab - pgs. 28 - 30 - due Friday & study words
2. Math - Tortillas = Check progress - p. 85-86
3. Math - Nachos - wksheet - adding ones, tens, hundred to a number
Here is where you will find our class homework and projects. Click on the date to view.
click to visit the sites of: